Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Type of position
Required years of experience
2 to 5 years
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our clients based in Zurich for a Senior Data Scientist for a short-term contract (3 months initial with good possibility of extension).
- Analyse, understand and contextualize data-sets from a variety of sources.
- Turn raw data into features to be used in machine learning models.
- Act as a full-stack everything: data scientist, engineer, etc.
- Communicate with algorithms engineers located abroad and apply code written by them on the customer's data
- Communicate the development results to the client
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience as a Data scientist / Machine learning from the industry.
- 4+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Strong ability in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected data-sets.
- An all-around data scientist: strong statistics background, experience in algorithm programming, experimentation, data visualization, machine learning, optimization and big data
- Being able to train elementary machine learning models, to select the right tool or the right task and to judge when a model is good enough for a particular purpose
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to levels
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience solving real problems using machine learning techniques and with statistical rigor
- Prior practical experience with the elementary machine learning models such as logistic regression and random forests, and experience with one more other areas such as: (Deep) Neural Networks, Natural language processing Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Game Theory, Mechanism Design, Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Good soft skills and able to work with a remote team