We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an IT Network Security Engineer. This role is a permanent position based in Basel Canton.
- Operate the following Systems / Infrastructures: LAN, WLAN, Datacenter LAN, WAN, IPAM, Load Balancer, VPN, FW & WAF.
- Carry out conceptual work & design in the field of Network security & services.
- Operate, expand & further develop solutions for network security such as firewalls, WAF, proxy & network services such as DNS / DHCP, IP address management & load balancers. This includes replacing outdated equipment, redesigning solutions & evaluating & selecting decisions for the acquisition of new solutions.
- Advise & support IT managers in the area of IT networks & network security.
- Analyze security incidents in the area of networks & network security components.
- Participate in operating the network including the maintenance of the components, monitoring, request fulfillment & incident & problem management on the 2nd level (fault analysis & troubleshooting).
- Manage external service providers when required.
- Partake in Project Management activities.
- At least 5 years of professional experience & strong expertise in the following areas:
- Firewalling - Network Security (ideally with Paloalto / Panorama).
- LoadBalancing & WAF (preferably with F5).
- DNS / DHCP / IPAM (with Infoblox is a plus).
- Highly proficient skills in network protocols & standards in the field of routing & switching (Cisco, Extreme Networks).
- Sound experience in Project Management & Project work.
- Any know-how in software development & scripting is considered advantageous.
- Completed University Degree or training in the field of computer science with focus on network / security.
- Reliable, resilient & self-motivated.
- Structured, a team-player & both service & solution-oriented.
- Fluent in English & a very good command of German (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.