We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Automation Software Engineer (PLC Controls / SIMOTION). This role is permanent position based in Zürich Canton.
- Design complex PLC controls, drive systems & graphic user interfaces for laser welding machines & systems.
- Independently process Software Development projects from the concept to the final phase.
- Further develop existing Software.
- Commission the control directly at customer sites or on the internal test bench.
- Cleanly document work.
- Create feasibility studies (retrofit) in the field of controls for laser welding machines.
- Carry out project-oriented work in which problems & possible solutions are discussed & worked out together.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience as an Automation Software Engineer.
- At least 1 year of experience with SIMOTION is mandatory.
- A strong knowledge in the programming of PLC controls (Siemens, Siemens S7) & visualizations.
- Very good knowledge of drive technology & robotics.
- Any experience in CNC applications is considered very advantageous.
- Skilled in quickly finding your way around existing software.
- Experienced within the Machine Industry & in machine & system construction.
- Successfully completed training as a mechatronics engineer, automation engineer, electronics technician or similar.
- Completed corresponding university education as an engineer.
- Independent & goal-oriented with high levels of initiative & perseverance.
- Open to new ideas, reliable, disciplined & precise.
- Willingness to travel both within Switzerland & abroad (approximately 20-30%)
- A good command of English & German (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.