Application Performance Management (APM) Engineer - SEM59260
#13115335 | 16 November, 2021
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Type of position
Required years of experience
6 to 10 years
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Application Performance Management (APM) Engineer. This role is a permanent position & is based in the regions of either Zürich, Basel or Bern depending on candidate preference.
- Work in a team of specialized Performance Engineering (PE) & Application Performance Management (APM) experts to provide services to numerous clients.
- Install & configure of APM tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace & New Relic.
- Implement Real User Monitoring including customized dashboards showing the end client experience for monitored web applications.
- Implement Infrastructure Monitoring including customized dashboards to obtain a view of the health of underlying servers & databases.
- Configure health rules & alerts to have proactive information in case events.
- Work on Custom Data Collection for data from Log Monitoring tools or other data sources.
- Resolve challenging issues with APM tool.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure optimal configuration based on application codes.
- Provide trainings & conduct APM meetings on client sites.
- Work with clients in defining programs, projects & roadmaps in the areas of Performance Management Governance, Unified Monitoring, Performance Engineering, Load & Performance Testing & further APM disciplines.
- Support customer projects & ensure the performance of business-critical web applications via governance, engineering & industrialization over the whole application management life cycle (design, test, implementation and operation).
- Depending on experience level, potentially lead customer APM integration projects with on & off-shore integration teams.
- Support customers in the evaluation & implementation of APM solutions.
- Collaborate in defining commercial value propositions for new & existing customers.
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products & services.
Your Skills & Profile:
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience including some experience in the area of Application Performance Management (APM).
- A good knowledge of & experience in Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic or a similar APM tools.
- Skills & experienced in Log Monitoring Solutions such Splunk or Elastic.
- Solid expertise in containerized microservice & distributed architecture & experience with Docker & Kubernetes,
- Proficient experience with Unix / Linux.
- Any experience with Cloud Solutions (Azure, AWS, OpenShift or PCF) is considered a plus.
- Completed University Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Motivated to work as an external expert & consultant on customer projects & working interactively with all project stakeholders, both internally & at customer sites.
- Flexible & willing to travel & work independently on projects across Switzerland.
- Confident, skilled in prioritizing & enthusiastic to share knowledge.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written) & a very good command of German. *** Please kindly do not apply if you do not have these language skills ***.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.