We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Linux System Engineer. This role is a permanent position based in Zürich Canton.
- Ensuring and ensuring a stable, highly available and high-performance operation of the systems operated by shared servers (mainly Linux and AIX servers)
- Plan, evaluate, migrate, develop / implement, configure, automate, test & implement Linux-based systems.
- Examine requirements for their complexity & feasibility, as well as their impact on existing / planned systems, standards & guidelines (Requirement Engineering).
- Specify system architecture & determine the required technical resources.
- Establish, integrate & operate appropriate methods, techniques, standards & tools for the design & operation of systems.
- Monitor systems, analyze faults & initiate appropriate measures to remedy them.
- Define basic values & escalation procedures for the description of the service level, as well as the description of the system transfer into the operation.
- Several years of professional experience as a system engineer in the area of Linux.
- In-depth knowledge of blade servers, VMware & Hyper-V.
- Profound knowledge & many years of experience in the design, operation & administration of Linux environments (RedHat, SUSE, Puppet).
- Experienced in IT service provider / service environments.
- ITIL knowledge considered an advantage.
- Completed computer science education.
- Linux (RedHat, SUSE) & ITILv3 Certified.
- Customer-oriented & prepared for occasional missions outside working hours.
- Fluent German & English (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.