Fermentation Scientist - Basel Area
We are looking for one of our clients a motivated Senior Fermentation Scientist.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to characterize newly developed strains as well as developing fermentation processes. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating all the activities that fall-upon the fermentation team, as well for the technical well-functioning and development of the fermentation platform. You will report to the Global Head of Fermentation.
This position will require a self-starting, results-oriented person, who will thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift regularly. The multi-disciplinary nature of the fermentation unit requires frequent interactions with scientists in the strain engineering, downstream and analytical teams. You will have the responsibility of providing technical and critical fermentation support to the teams in a fast and efficient manner.
As fermentation work may require some off-hour work, flexibility and the ability to adjust to a rolling sampling schedule that may include weekends is an advantage.
Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- M.Sc. or higher academic degree in Chemical engineering, Biotechnology or Biology with emphasis on fermentation
- Solid experience in fermentation, including batch-, fed-batch- and continuous processes, microbial physiology, with both yeast and bacteria
- A minimum of 3 years experience in industry, ideally including interaction with industrial/commercial partners
- Knowledge of microbiology, DNA technologies, metabolic engineering, biochemistry, flux-analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE) and screening techniques is an advantage
- Good communicative skills and an outgoing personality. Fluent in English (orally and in writing)
As a person, you are resourceful, professional, and skilled in the art of teamwork and clear/concise communication. You are conscientious, considerate, and believe in innovation that benefits consumers, partners, and the planet. You want to play a role in the commercial success of our novel products. You are a problem solver with good interpersonal and English communication skills.
To apply submit your application at email@example.com